This is the most common issue in almost every house or apartments which occur randomly without any notification. The elementary solution of these problems are done by using Quick fix solution, Most stoppers can be used in either the locked position as yours is or in the loose or floating position. A typical stopper has a hole near the bottom, into which the horizontal arm is engaged. . Loosen the retaining nut that holds the horizontal pivot rod in place. Remove the horizontal pivot rod from the drainpipe. Mark the spot where the clevis is connected to the stopper rod with a permanent marker. Then loosen the clevis screw. Soak the clevis and horizontal pivot rod in mild cleaning solution or vinegar. The advantage is that the stopper is pulled tightly into the drain when closed. The disadvantage is that cleaning the stopper and the drain is a little more difficult.
Here is given to more step repair to bathroom sink stopper for typical problems and solutions—
- Lift the stopper out of the drain. Inspect the rubber seal on the bottom of the stopper head. If the seal is cracked or brittle, the stopper should be replaced. If it’s still in good condition, you can reuse it.
- Dip the stopper in mild cleaner or vinegar. Clean it thoroughly with a brush or an old toothbrush. Rinse the stopper and clean the clevis and horizontal pivot rod.
- Lift the pivot stopper out of the sink drain. If it is stuck, you may need to turn it a quarter turn before it will pull up out of the drain. Clean it off with a scrub brush and bathroom cleaner to remove any debris stuck on it.
- Look down into the drain and pull up the pivot stopper bar, which the pivoting rod is attached to, with the control knob. You should be able to see a vertical rod move in the drain when you move the knob up and down. The vertical rod is the pivoting rod that moves the pivot stopper in the sink drain.
- Insert the pivot stopper down into the drain and move the stopper pull knob until the rod moves and slides into the hole located on the bottom of the pivot stopper.
- Test the pivot stopper by raising and lowering the stopper pull knob. If the pivot stopper does not move smoothly you will need to tighten the retaining nut that holds the pivot stopper bar up in the back of the sink drain tailpipe. The sink drain tailpipe is located directly under your sink.
- Turn the retaining nut of the pivot stopper bar one-quarter turn clockwise with a wrench to tighten it. If you cannot get under your sink and face the retaining nut, reach around the sink tailpipe and grasp the retaining nut of the pivot stopper bar to turn it.
- Adjust the position of the pivot stopper rod, if the pivot stopper doesn’t sit right in the sink drain, by loosening the large screw that secures the bottom half of the pivoting rod to the top half. You can do this with your fingers.
- Slide the bottom half of the pivoting rod up a little further onto the top half of the pivoting rod and hand tighten the screw by one turn so that it is just tight enough to hold the bottom half to the top half of the pivoting rod.
- Test the pivot stopper. You may need to raise or lower the position of the bottom half of the pivoting rod several times before the pivot stopper will sit correctly in your sink drain and close all the way when you want it to. When the pivoting rod is in the correct position, hand tighten the large screw.
- Insert the stopper into the drain. Slide the clevis over the stopper rod and insert the horizontal pivot rod into the drainpipe. Tighten the retaining nut just enough to hold the Tighten the clevis screw where you marked it before.
- Test the stopper rod to ensure all the moving parts are reattached. The clevis, horizontal pivot rod and stopper should all move when the stopper rod is pulled.
Plumbing issue need to be addressed immediate in order to prevent them from exacerbating or causing further damages To avail any kind of online plumbing services call Ezhomeservices.in 1800-27-878 to hire verified and trusted professionals. To book our plumbers services in Delhi explore our wide range of trending services and get acquainted with the array of plumber services that we provide through the help of our vendors. Our trending services are a right option for all your household problems.